True or false: an advertiser can target mobile apps via google ads.
The answer is : False
Google Ads does not support in-app inventory targeting using your device and location settings. adsenseformobileapps.com
Read more here: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/1722057?hl=en.
Show your app in mobile ads.
Google has simplified mobile ad targeting options and disable controls. Based on growing mobile user base
Content exclusions (“G-mob mobile apps without interstitial ads” exception) have been replaced with simplified targeting options for devices, tablets, and mobile devices.
You can control the publisher or the type of content your ads will show using:
Device targeting: computers, tablets, mobile phones
Exclude specific apps by excluding mobile app placements and excluding specific sites.
How do I target specific categories of mobile apps and apps?
To set up ads in some mobile applications, you can specify this in the targeting settings:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Find the Display Network campaign option in the navigation bar and click on it.
- Click an available location option in the left navigation bar.
- Choose ad group you want to change.
- To target specific categories, expand the app store in the “App Category” and select the desired category. These categories correspond to the category name in each store.
- If you want to target a specific app Click the app. Then search for apps by name.
If you know the ID of the app you want to target, click Enter Multiple Locations, then enter the ID in the following format:
Google Play apps: mobileapp :: 2-
For example, mobileapp :: 2-com.example.app.
IOS app: mobileapp :: 1-
For example, mobileapp :: 1-123456789
true or false: an advertiser can target mobile apps via google ads.