CDS exam: We understand how difficult it is to wait for an exam result, especially when it is a coveted one like the Combined Defence Service or CDS exam. However, the wait will be over very soon.
CDS results are expected to be out by the last week of April or the first week of May, 2022. It might also happen that by the time you read this article, the results might already be declared on the official website.
About CDS 1 Exam
CDS exam is conducted twice a year, called CDS 1 and CDS 2, by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Once selected and featured on the merit list, students can get into the Officers Training Academy, Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Indian Air Force Academy. After completing the course from these academies, they can become officers in the army, navy, and airforce.
CDS 1 took place on April 10, 2022, across India at over 1000 exam centres. A notification was released in December with the application dates December 22, 2021, to January 11, 2022. A total of 341 posts were apprised via the notification.
Thousands of candidates from India submitted the form and appeared for the exam. Now they are waiting for the CDS 2022 results to come.
CDS 1 2022 important details in a nutshell
- Exam date- April 10, 2022
- Vacancies: 371
- Exam centre- Multiplace locations in India
- Official Website: upsconline.nic.in.
- CDS 1 expected result date: April / May 2022
CDS Exam Analysis 2022
As per students appearing in the exam and question paper available for analysis, general knowledge was easy, whereas the English paper was tough, primarily due to Idioms and Phrases. The Mathematics paper was easy, but the questions were time-consuming, calculative, and very confusing at some times.
After the exam, papers were released by UPSC and other websites in PDF format. You may download the paper from the official website for revision and preparation for the next CDS or other exam conducted on the same line by SSC, UPSC, and others.
Further, UPSC has also released the answer key for all the booklets A, B, C, and D so that you can get your probable scores.
CDS exam application fee, recruitment process, and syllabus
- Every general and OBC male candidate needs to make a payment of INR 200 via online or offline mode. Other categories of students are exempted from fees.
- After applying for the exam, UPSC releases the admit card for eligible candidates.
- Students then appear in the offline written exam and wait for the CDS result.
- After passing the exam, students appear for an SSB interview once the admit card is issued for the same.
- The authorities declare a merit list by combining your performance in the written test and SSB interview.
- CDS written exam comprises three sections: English, General Knowledge, and Elementary Mathematics, mostly up to class 10 standard. For a more detailed syllabus, read the complete notification carefully.
CDS Cut Off 2022
We know you might be worried about your score and the overall cut-off. However, the previous year’s cut-off gives you some idea about this year. The minimum qualifying percentage for each subject is 20 percent. Visit the official website for better insights into passing criteria and merit lists concerning your category.
CDS 1 result download process
- Once the result is declared, visit the official website and look for the result section.
- Under the result section, locate CDS 1 result.
- Click on the link, and you will be redirected to another page where you need to enter the requested information, or you might get the option to download the PDF file.