Best smart home devices: The first generation of smart home devices was a bit slow and limited, but now that the technology is becoming more available and lower priced, it’s time to start thinking about adding another gadget or two to your smart home. After all, you’ve probably been considering a purchase of a smart speaker like the Amazon Echo , right? Wouldn’t you want to make sure you get everything out of it that you can? We’ll take a look at some of the best devices from each category so that before 2021 rolls around, your smart home will be fully equipped with what it needs to make life easier for everyone in your household.
If You’re Just Getting Started…
You might not know where to begin when it comes to buying a new device for your home, so the following are some of the best smart home devices for those who are just getting started. Before we get started we would like you to check out old navy super cash
1. The Amazon Echo – This hands-free speaker is a portal to the world’s most popular internet retailer and also doubles as a hub for all of your other devices. You can use Alexa to control your thermostat, lights, door locks, and play music from services like Spotify or Pandora. With this device you won’t have to shout at thin air anymore – instead you can speak aloud through a microphone that will pick up on your command even if there’s noise in another room or while music is playing.
2. The Google Home – This device not only has many of the same features as the Amazon Echo , but it is also voice activated, so it will recognize your voice and give you answers to all kinds of questions. You can ask Google Home for weather updates, directions, information on local businesses, music recommendations, even control some third-party smart home devices.
3. Philips Hue Bulbs – Whether you want an all-white or colored bulb that you can change at will with just your voice, this is an excellent way to set the mood in any room with just the light itself. The light bulbs are compatible with both Amazon Echo and Google Home , so controlling them has never been easier!
4. Smart Plugs – These simple little gadgets are inexpensive solutions that let you turn off appliances remotely via smartphone or Alexa which is great if they’re just sitting there wasting energy while you’re gone, or if they’re on for some reason and you don’t want them to be.
5. The Ring Video Doorbell – This is a doorbell with a camera built in so that when someone comes to your door, you can answer from wherever you are using your smartphone. This way, you never have to miss an important package delivery again! It also allows two-way communication so if there’s ever an emergency at home, you can speak with whomever is outside right from your phone.
6. Smart Thermostat – A smart thermostat learns how long it will take for your home to reach a certain temperature based on factors like the outside and the number of people inside, so you can save significant energy costs by never heating or cooling your home to a temperature that’s not necessary. You can control it with both Google Home and Amazon Echo .
7. The Ring Video Doorbell Pro – This is an upgrade of the Ring Video Doorbell above which allows for complete livestreaming in 1080p HD in order to see who is at your front door in real time. It also has infrared night vision in order to see people clearly even when it’s dark outside, and if someone presses the button on the device, you’ll get an alert sent right to your smartphone.
8. Smart Camera – If you want surveillance but aren’t interested in having external cameras looking over everything you do all day long, consider getting a smart camera instead. This is a security camera that connects to your Wi-Fi and send you alerts whenever it detects motion or loud noises, so if anything suspicious ever happens around the house, you’ll know about it right away
9. Ring Spotlight – This is essentially a floodlight with a camera built in which allows you to see who’s at your front door even in low light conditions. You can connect the device to Google Home and turn it on and off as necessary without having to go outside and manually do it yourself, which means burglars will be less likely to approach your home if they know they’re being monitored.
10. Smart Door Lock – When paired with an Amazon Echo or Google Home , this lets you lock and unlock doors without ever needing to touch either device. You can share access with family, friends, or even visitors who have the passcode at your doorstep too. This is also important for senior citizens who might not want to live alone but still don’t want anyone breaking in accidentally
11. The Google WiFi – While this isn’t necessarily a standalone device, it creates its own wireless network that allows you to control certain smart devices all from one point. If you buy enough of these internet hubs , you can cover an entire home comfortably due to their mesh networking technology.
In 2021, the best smart home devices will be ones that seamlessly integrate with other tools in order to create a system where everything is connected. Many products already have this ability today and it’s only going to become more widespread as time goes on, so you can have your house running itself without any effort on your part.