Ireland business: Here are the trends to watch in digital marketing strategy for the coming year, as well as some data and statistics related to the social media of organizations and the average engagement rate of social networks.
Various avenues are available to you. Sonuos Digital marketing experts will be happy to interview you to help you see things more clearly.
Discover the trends that marketers and social media specialists need to know, understand and master for the year 2021.
Table of Contents
It was the year of TikTok, the short format video sharing platform. Its concept is simple, which also makes it popular. The application allows you to create videos embellished with visual and audio effects. This social network has come to shake up the social media landscape in unforeseen ways.
TikTok has surpassed 800 million monthly active users, marketers in your organization should take a closer look at TikTok. Ireland business
This can help you, for example, better follow the evolution of social networks, behaviors of this generation, and the type of content that arouses interest, etc.
2. Messenger Advertising: Too Intrusive or Best News of the Year for Marketers?
Ads (photos, videos, and carousels) can all now be configured to appear in Facebook Messenger.
The Messenger ads work the same way as advertising on other platforms of Facebook, you can use the same content for Messenger than the one you already use for Facebook and Instagram. Ireland business
When creating an ad, simply select Messenger as the desired placement. Social media and marketers can also create “click-to-Messenger ads” in the Facebook News Feed. These ads include a call-to-action button that opens a Messenger chat with your Facebook page.
Private messengers like Facebook Messenger are increasingly popular.
According to a study by We Are Social (2020) 63% of online social interactions are now done through instant messaging, which will therefore attract more and more advertising content in 2021 and beyond.
3. Marketing personalization
The personalized marketing is becoming increasingly important and is increasingly attractive, particularly because advertisements blockers (Ad Blocker) as consumers, users install in their web browser.
Internet users feel annoyed by generic advertisements that are unrelated to them.
A personalized experience will be more likely to guarantee your success ina digital advertising process.
Newsletters associated with email lists lend themselves well to personalization and the results show that segmented lists have a greater yield than generic emails sent to a global list. Ireland business
It is therefore for marketers and social media specialists to find a balance between automation and the human connection in order to establish more in-depth and personalized customer relationships
4. What’s new on Google My Business?
Google My Business has just rolled out new features to attract new customers, encourage subscriptions on business pages and better compete with Facebook business pages.
Google will also allow organizations:
- Select a short profile name;
- To gain more visibility for their logo;
- To be able to reward new customers
Google My Business is therefore increasingly becoming an engagement platform.
5. Conversational robots to improve customer service
Chatbots can improve customer service by moving your prospects through the sales funnel, even outside of business hours.
They can make life much easier for your consumers. As much social media as your website can host, just add this task to your to-do list in the coming weeks or months. Ireland business
6. Twitter wins for reach
Unlike Instagram and Facebook, Twitter still offers noticeable organic reach.
Obviously, Twitter has seen some slowdowns, but since the start of 2019, there has been a surge of active users, which remain at around 350 million.
The question is always to publish at the right time. But when is the best time to post on Twitter? The answer to this question depends on your target audience and your industry. The engagement data of your social networks will allow you to draw certain more personalized conclusions. However, Hoot suite compiled data from 300 brands on social media and split the results by organizations into B2B and B2C.
While the lifespan of a tweet is very short, Hoot suite mentions that for B2B organizations the best time to post on Twitter wouldbe between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Monday or Thursday. For B2C organizations, it would be noon or 1 p.m. Monday through Wednesday.
7. Rethink your online presence | digital strategy
These days, where changes are overlapping at such a rapid pace, you must constantly analyze and readjust your strategy. The efforts, actions, results indicators and budget allocated to your campaigns should also allow you to align your digital strategy with your objectives.
Knowing which stocks are paying the most will allow you to adjust your strategy and get more conversions.
What should your digital marketing strategy consist of? What could you optimize in your online strategy or put in place? Here are some ideas:
- Your website (optimize, redo or use landing pages for certain targeted campaigns);
- Organic SEO strategy and copywriting;
- Content strategy (“inbound marketing”);
- Email marketing (newsletter);
- Conversion pixels for remarketing (email remarketing, advertising remarketing);
- Google Ads (SEA);
- Digital advertising strategies;
- Growth hacking (use of “magnets”, for example);
- Review of the conversion funnel and the key stages between your organization and the prospect (acquisition, activation, retention, revenue and recommendation);
- Social media strategy;
- HR marketing strategy, inbound recruiting, digital recruitment campaign.
8. Review your referencing (SEO)
SEO is an ongoing concern, since everything is constantly changing. Develop your organization at the same pace so as not to lose what you have learned.
How to succeed in being visible on Google?
Here are 5 tips to improve your SEO and increase traffic to your website.
- Choose for long-tail keywords since they are less competitive and generate more qualified traffic than generic keywords. Here is an example:
- Short-tail keyword: “digital marketing”
- Long-tail keyword: “What are the benefits of digital marketing for a business?”
- Focus on the search intent of the internet user. This will make it possible to create content that is better suited to him and that is more relevant to him, which will also be well appreciated by Google;
- Produce content, quality and regularly;
- Vary the types of content and the platforms used;
- Conduct GoogleAds campaigns to match your SEO.