Enid Blyton, the prolific British author, was born on August 11th, 1897. She wrote over 600 books, including the Famous Five and Secret Seven series, which have sold over 500 million copies worldwide. In honor of her legacy, fans of Enid Blyton have designated Wednesdays as “Enid Wednesday.”
Table of Contents
What is Enid Wednesday?
Enid Wednesday is a day dedicated to celebrating the work of Enid Blyton and promoting creativity and imagination. It was started by fans on social media who wanted to create a way to honor the beloved author and encourage others to read her books.
Why Celebrate Enid Wednesday?
Enid Blyton’s books have captured the hearts and imaginations of generations of readers. Her stories are full of adventure, mystery, and fun, and they inspire children to explore the world around them and use their imaginations. By celebrating Enid Wednesday, we can keep her legacy alive and inspire new readers to discover her books.
How to Celebrate Enid Wednesday
There are many ways to celebrate Enid Wednesday, here are a few ideas:
- Read an Enid Blyton book: Whether it’s a favorite from your childhood or a new one you haven’t read yet, take some time to read one of Enid Blyton’s books on Enid Wednesday.
- Share your love of Enid Blyton on social media: Use the hashtag #EnidWednesday to share your favorite Enid Blyton book or quote, or post a photo of yourself reading one of her books.
- Host a themed party: If you’re feeling particularly festive, host a party with an Enid Blyton theme. Serve sandwiches, scones, and tea, and encourage guests to dress up as their favorite characters.
- Donate Enid Blyton books to a school or library: Spread the love of Enid Blyton by donating her books to a local school or library.
Why Enid Blyton’s books are still relevant today
Enid Blyton’s books have stood the test of time and remain popular with readers today. Here are a few reasons why:
- They encourage children to use their imaginations: Enid Blyton’s books are full of adventures and mysteries that inspire children to use their imaginations and explore the world around them.
- They promote independence and self-reliance: Many of Enid Blyton’s characters are young people who solve mysteries and embark on adventures on their own, promoting independence and self-reliance.
- They offer a window into a different time: Enid Blyton’s books were written in the mid-twentieth century, and they offer a glimpse into a different time and place.
Enid Wednesday is a wonderful way to honor the legacy of Enid Blyton and celebrate creativity and imagination. Whether you read one of her books, share your love of her on social media, or host a themed party, take some time to celebrate Enid Wednesday and keep her legacy alive.
Read: All About SIP Calculator