Slideshow ads: Facebook offers tons of ad formats to promote your business, and you might get confused about which one will be good and for what purpose you should use it. But if you want to promote video ads on Facebook with low production costs, then Slideshow ads are the best option.
In this article, you’ll learn about promotional slideshows and how to make one for your Facebook ads. To guide you through how to make a promotional slideshow, let us first give you a brief idea about:
Table of Contents
What are promotional slideshows, and why use them for Facebook Ads?
Slideshow ads are the latest introduction and feature of Facebook that present video ads in a visual format without producing a complete video. You can make great Facebook ads directly from your Facebook page or phone and reach people with not-so-fast connections. There are also some web-based online slideshow maker tools for Facebook ads available free of cost that will let you create promotional slideshows for your Facebook ads.
But why does a video get more engagement than an image?
Usually, videos get more traffic than images. And there is a good reason for it. The image is static. It doesn’t fascinate you as much as a video does. A video helps you tell a story in a more interesting and detailed manner. Therefore, viewers stay hooked to your product. You can use multiple taglines or slogans within a single video. So, your brand campaigning gets higher popularity compared to images.
Also, if you’re running a video ad, the Facebook ad algorithm will look for the right audience interested in videos. So, your ad will have less cost per result.
Now, let’s get started and learn how to execute slideshow videos.
How to create a promotional slideshow for Facebook ads?
To create a promo slideshow ad on Facebook, you have to use the Ads Manager feature of Facebook. Also, before you begin, you need to keep in mind the following points:
- While creating promotional slideshow ads, use high-quality images.
- Your images should at least have a resolution of 1,080 x 1,080 pixels and should have an aspect ratio of either 1:1 or 16:9.
- If your images are of different sizes, they are automatically cropped to 1:1 or 16:9.
Now, follow the below-mentioned procedure and the steps to make a slideshow ad.
Step 1: First of all, you need to make a video ad in Ads Manager on Facebook.
Here are the steps to do it:
- Open Facebook and log in to your account and then head over to the Ads Manager.
- Now, click on +Create.
- Next, select an objective that supports your video, and then click on ‘Continue’. The objective is basically the goals that you want to achieve from the ad campaign.
- Now, if applicable, enter your campaign budget optimization information, and then click ‘Next’.
- Then choose your budget, placements, audience, and optimization, and then click ‘Next’.
Step 2: Now, move on to the Ad level. Enter headline, primary text, CTA button, and then scroll to the Media section, and then click on ‘Create Video’.
A video creation window will open up. Slideshow ads
Step 3: Select between 2 to 15 images that you want to use in your promotional slideshow. The images you will use can be of any of the supported formats.
Here’s the process to select the images:
- When you want to upload a new image, click on ‘+ Upload’.
- When you want to find an existing image, then use the search option or scroll through your images.
- Now, to select an image, click on it.
Step 4: Next, you will find the Slideshow template to the right. Hover over it, and then click on the ‘Edit’ button.
Step 5: Now comes the part of customizing your Slideshow scene.
To do so, you have to click on the thumbnail for the scene. Then you can make adjustments to the media in the ‘Media’ section and in the ‘Creative Tools’ section.
Here, you can make the following adjustments:
- Crop: Edit and change the part of the media you want your viewers to see.
- Change: Alter and switch the media used in your scene.
- Logo: Add a small image or a logo that will represent your business idea. You can also adjust and change the positioning of the size of the logo too small, medium, or large.
- Text Overlay: Here, you can add up to thirty characters (text) to your scene. Also, you can select a text color, background color, font, and opacity. You can also alter the position of the text overlay.
Step 6: Next, if you wish to, you can make the following adjustment to your slideshow scene:
- To alter the order of your scenes, click on the scene you want to make changes and then move or drag it to a new position.
- To remove or delete a scene, click on the ‘Delete Scene’ button.
- To add a new scene to your slideshow, click on the ‘+’ symbol.
Step 7: Next, if you want to adjust the settings for your chosen template, click on the ‘Template’ button that you will find in the top-left corner, and then click on ‘Settings’.
In the Settings option, you can make adjustments to the following settings:
- Scene transitions: To customize and determine how the slideshow switches from one image to the next, choose ‘None’ or ‘Fade’.
- Seconds per scene: Here, you have to choose how long you would like to show each image in your slideshow ad. Slideshows cannot stretch longer than 15 seconds. And depending on how many images you would like to use, the duration options would change. Slideshow ads
Step 8: There is an optional procedure where you can add a sticker graphic to all the scenes in your promotional slideshow. To do this, click on the ‘Template’ button that you will find in the top-left corner, and then click on ‘Stickers’.
Step 9: After the completion of your template and reviewing each scene, click on ‘Create Video’. Voila! Your promo slideshow is now included in your Facebook ad.
Step 10: Next, add your text, tracking, and links. When you are done, click on the ‘Publish’ button to run your promotional slideshow for Facebook ads.
There you have it – a comprehensive guide on how to create a video in Facebook Ads Manager. You can do this by going through the easy steps mentioned above. However, it would be best to be mindful of the image resolution and ratio. A square design is ideal for video frames. Go on, give it a shot!
Pranay, a coding maestro weaving digital magic with Dot Net,Angular. With 4+ years in web development,he specialize in crafting seamless solutions. Beyond coding, Pranay is a wordsmith, passionate about sharing insights through guest posts. Whether crafting code or narratives, he bring creativity and precision to every project. Connect to explore his coding journey and delve into the world where tech meets storytelling .follow us on X