This tutorial guides you in an easier way while changing Whatsapp numbers. WhatsApp is such a digitalized tool for information and study of how clear it is for normal users to use it. Moreover, WhatsApp has various authenticated tools to verify the ease of a simple mannered tool.
It also serves one of the facilities that direct money transactions through the new payment system without being present in the bank. Thus, losing contacts can never be an option
WhatsApp now releases a feature that makes it much easier to notify your contacts when it is in need to change their phone number. If needed you can also choose to disable this particular feature as well. This helps your contacts to not be alerted when you change your WhatsApp number. However, if there is a need for you to alert only some select contacts about your recently changed new number, this has other options too. It allows you to notify all contacts at a time. So that all the contacts that you have chats with or any particular contact would not be lost.
Here’s some of the following guidelines which will make it easier for you to understand the use of this feature on your phone.
The new WhatsApp Change Number feature is not at all different from the same old feature but it has got a few more added options. You can access the feature by accessing to WhatsApp Settings;
1. Open WhatsApp by tapping on the green WhatsApp icon on your phone and tap on the three white dots in the top right corner of the displayed tab.
2. Next up, tap on “Settings” and then choose “Account” from the stated options which include account, chats, notifications, storage and data, help, invite a friend.
3. Under Account settings, there’s this option of changing a number. Tap on the option “Change number” to further do the required changes.
4. After that, tap the “Next” button from the bottom middle and enter your old as well as the new phone numbers with your country code. Here’s an important note where the country code is way more important than anything as to help it track easily.
5. Again tap on the “Next” button. Here you will find the option to “Notify contacts”, which you need eventually.
6. Tap on it to enable the “Notify” your selected contacts about your new number which is to be replaced. This further graphs the following three options – “All contacts”, “Contacts I have chats with”, “Custom”.
So now if you want to notify only select contacts, tap on the third option to select the contacts you want to send a notification of your changed number.
This is how you can notify select contacts when you have changed your number. For more detailed instructions, here is another article on how to change your Whatsapp contacts.