Meta Oculus Quest Pro !
Meta Oculus Quest Pro is a new high-quality mixed reality headset from Meta, Facebook’s parent company, that marks the transition from traditional reality to one that combines reality and augmented reality.
Revealed at the Meta Connect 2022 event, Quest Pro not only puts you in a fully immersive world, but also brings the real world around you into your reality.
But it won’t be cheap. At $1,499, the Quest Pro is one of the most expensive VR/mixed reality headsets on the market. The most expensive part, however, is the HTC Vive Pro 2, which costs around $1,399 for the entire set (opens in a new listing).
Despite the high price, the Quest Pro is focused on consumers, setting it apart from heads like Microsoft’s HoloLens 2 development device.
Additionally, judging by the latest news on MetaQuest 3, it looks like MetaQuest is still trying to delve into its portfolio and find more opportunities to reach out to the wider community. Quest Pro is backwards compatible, so don’t expect Meta Quest 2 to disappear anytime soon.
Without further ado, here’s everything we know about Meta Quest Pro.
- The $1,499 Meta Quest Pro is Meta’s first high-end device.
- Quest Pro Color supports mixed reality, which can be understood as the transition from virtual reality to devices.
- Quest Pro is compatible with the Meta Quest 2 app catalog.
- Pancake optics have become the new VR / MR standard as they are included in Quest Pro and PICO 4.
Quest Pro release date and availability
Meta Quest Pro is currently available for pre-order on the Meta Store in 22 countries including the US, UK, Canada and France. Amazon is also offering the headphones to order in these four countries.
The other 18 countries, like Australia, require pre-ordering directly through the Meta webstore. All orders go on sale on October 25, 2022. So, if you were literally wondering and in a dilemma as to what VR headset should I buy for getting the most immersive and engaging virtual or augmented reality (AR) experience across the board, this is definitely one headset that is bound to live up to your high expectations, without a doubt.
In the US, customers can pre-order Quest Pro from Best Buy in stores and online. In the UK, customers will be able to shop in-store and online at Argos and Currys first. In France, the first choice orders in store are FNAC and Boulanger.
In Canada, the device can be ordered online, but Best Buy is an alternative if Canadian customers choose not to order through Amazon or Meta’s online store.
Meta Quest Pro Price
Quest Pro costs $1499 in the US, £1499 in the UK, €1799 and $2371 in the EU. It has only 256GB storage model.
There are other uses for Quest Pro as well. Although it comes with a charging station, users can purchase the MetaQuest Pro Compact Charging Station for $79/£89/€99/around $124. This port charges MetaQuest controllers and any MetaQuest headsets that use a USB-C connection. The Meta Quest Pro VR headset is priced at $49 / £49 / €49 / approximately $77 and offers an immersive experience by canceling background noise. Both are available for pre-order now and will go on sale on October 25.
A full light blocker is available on the Quest Pro for $49 / £49 / €49 / about $77. It allows users to block incoming light and can be pre-ordered now with an estimated delivery date of November 22, 2022. While we don’t have an official guide from Meta, it’s possible that using a full light blocker might affect the Quest Pro’s mixed reality function.
Features of Meta Quest Pro
Here are some of the features available in the new Meta Quest Pro:
- Teletask in a virtual workspace with three icons that appear above the physical desktop next to everything else in the physical workspace.
- Virtual reality search allows your avatar to mimic your face.
- Ergonomic design for a more comfortable head
- Mixed realism in color and 4x resolution of Quest 2.
- Magnetic suspension creates the effect of presence
- Backward compatibility with the MetaQuest 2 app catalog for games and other apps.
Meta Quest Pro Information and Tools
Quest Touch Pro controllers include three cameras and a mobile device for 360-degree movement. It has TruTouch haptic feedback and precision pins. Editors are looking for a themed pencil nib that lets you write and draw naturally.
The Meta reduces optical density by more than 40% compared to the Quest 2, while the advanced VR LCD technology delivers 37% more pixels per inch. A 1.3x larger color gamut delivers brighter colors for an immersive virtual reality experience.
Are the same:
- 10 VR/MR sensors
- A local voice
- 256 GB storage and 12 GB RAM
- The Snapdragon XR2+ processor delivers 50% more power for better performance.
- Keep changing the IPD for better clarity and glare reduction
- An accompanying 45W USB-C charging port secures the head and controls charging.
- You need the MetaQuest mobile app to use Quest Pro. Compatible with iOS 10 and later and Android 5 and later.
Also Read: How to thrive in your startup with an IVR & a small investment?