Avast SecureLine VPN review: Our goal is to help keep you and your information online secure. To do so, the first and foremost precaution you should take is to install a reliable VPN. We have written this review of Avast VPN to help simplify that decision.
Avast is a company that started to protect cyber security; its VPN service is only one small part of its overall production. Let’s see if the Avast SecureLine VPN lives up to its parent company’s reputation.
Table of Contents
Avast free antivirus details
If you want a powerful and affordable VPN, Avast SecureLine VPN can best meet your needs. All product components are available within a single pricing system, so you do not have to pay for certain components.
Unfortunately, Avast VPN prices are limited by the fact that there is no monthly payment option. Instead, you can choose to pay for one, two, or three years at a time. This can feel very restrictive, because it locks you up for too long. If you want to be flexible to check out other VPNs for the first few months, this may not be the right choice for you.
Not all bad news though. One of the key points of our Avast VPN review is that this company offers very low prices. One-year subscription fee costs $ 47.88 for the first year, which works at $ 3.99 per month, and two- or three-year subscriptions work for $ 2.99 per month. Surprisingly, there is no discount on the three-year package; The only real encouragement we can see is that you can avoid the inflation that may occur in the next year, even if that happens.
Pricing Details -Avast SecureLine VPN
To move from one device to multiple devices, you need to pay another dollar a month for the subscription. This allows Avast VPN Security to track and protect up to five devices to industry standards. We recommend a multi-device plan as it is an extra dollar per month and there is no guarantee that you will continue to use your primary device for long-term subscription delivery. You can view it as a Netflix account and share it with family and friends.
Before you dig into your long-term commitment to Avast VPN, you will be happy to know that there is a free VPN from Avast to test it before you make any commitment. You will have seven days to try the product, even if it is short, which should be long enough to decide whether you like it or not. In addition, Avast refund policy gives you 30 days to change your mind.
Installation process and user configuration
Starting with Avast SecureLine VPN is a kids game. Just click the “Start Free Trial” button and the program will download in seconds. There is no need to share your email or bank information right now, which is a good thing if you just want to give Avast a quick test.
Once the software has been downloaded, simply click on the icon to notify VPN. We have downloaded Avast SecureLine VPN for Mac to test the software. It took less than a minute to press the download button to create a VPN, the fastest experience we’ve ever had when testing a VPN.
A simple Avast VPN configuration will welcome you. It is easy to switch between countries and servers, and you will get guidance on choosing the best servers based on your location. Setting the stages is as simple as that. You get a desktop tool, a toolkit at the top of the screen, and the option to add browser extension so that Avast SecureLine VPN can view Chrome and protect your browsing. With all these options available, Avast VPN is one of the most user-friendly VPNs we’ve ever tried.
avast secure vpn settings
Of course, if you choose a five-step plan, you can’t just keep your computer; you will also find information on your mobile phone and possibly your tablet. We have made sure to test the device on a variety of mobile devices when conducting research for our Avast VPN mobile testing.
In our experience, this provider provides excellent protection for portable devices as well as desktops. It is easy to download and contains accurate user information for various trusted sites. We used the mobile app on our own and found it easy to navigate in a clean environment like its computer counterpart. Overall, Avast works well for both desktop and mobile devices.
In this section of our review of Avast VPN, we will first look at the address server options. If you are planning to subscribe to a new VPN, then it is important to offer a different server and location. In this case, Avast VPN has 55 addresses in 34 countries. However, some of the top VPNs on the market offer more choices, and Avast is below average.
- If you want to connect to a VPN, we recommend choosing one from your own country. However, due to its limited capabilities, this can get a little tricky if you consider the Avast VPN software. The good news for European students is that there are plenty of servers on the continent. Locations can also be found in Africa, South America and the Middle East, which competitive VPNs often overlook.
- One of the nice things about choosing a location is having a list of servers that perform better on peer connections and are optimized for video transmission. It’s refreshing to see, and you’ll spend less time testing which servers work best for these tasks. Indeed, this is the highlight of our Avast SecureLine VPN review.
- When it comes to streaming video, one of the biggest drawbacks we found on Avast is that it doesn’t work with Netflix. Before you get too upset about this, keep in mind that VPN connections with Netflix are unstable and even the best VPNs may stop working with this streaming site tomorrow. In contrast, Netflix’s Avast VPN could be the future as the company expands its server delivery network.
- Privacy and security should always be the main concerns when evaluating a VPN. Avast has an edge in this area, starting with a no magazine retention policy. When you look at the Avast VPN service, you will notice that the company does not keep your browsing activity private, i.e. it cannot be transferred to government agencies or third parties.
- If you lose your Avast VPN connection, it will protect you with a kill lock to reduce the risk of interfering with your visual activity. This is important information in any Avast VPN review. If the VPN connection is lost, the toggle switch will automatically disconnect you from the Internet, meaning no one can see what you are doing. It’s easy to turn on and off as you like from the settings section. Some users choose not to enable this feature so that Internet performance is not compromised. For others, it is very important to activate the kill button.
- It is protected by 256-bit encryption, which is the standard business VPN standard, which shows that Avast VPN takes all privacy and security issues into account. Have you ever tried to understand your movements? They can’t do it. If you’re connected to an anonymous Wi-Fi network, you’ll also enjoy peace of mind, as Avast VPN keeps you anonymous and blocks any access attempts.
- Avast is a major Internet security company and its VPN system is one of its services. It has one of the largest shares in the antivirus protection market, which shows that the company is capable of meeting the needs of its customers.
- We know that many of our readers would like to see reviews of Avast VPN to assess the safety of using it for this purpose. Torrenting may have its own risks, but you can trust Avast VPN as a secure VPN to accomplish this task. As mentioned, Avast lists server addresses that are optimized for P2P torrenting. We consider this a great feature that will help you point in the right direction and assure you of your safety during torrenting.
Unfortunately, Avast does not provide an ad blocker as part of its offering. While this is not an essential feature, it is always convenient to be part of a VPN package. Avast SecureLine VPN review
There is a complete list of Avast VPN customer support options available to users. You will find a lot of useful information in the support section of the website. Detailed instructions from installation and technical questions to refund requests are available for reading. If this does not solve your problem, you can contact support for help.
We do not update Avast VPN properly when it comes to communication methods. You will need to fill out a form to receive an email response, which can be a priority if you want to resolve a problem quickly. Combined with this fact, there is no live chat or free phone support. Support payments are available for serious technical issues, but they are very expensive.
At the end of the day, Avast SecureLine VPN is so easy to use that we doubt you will have any problems with it. In the meantime, we prefer better support options. Avast SecureLine VPN review
To summarize our 2020 Avast SecureLine VPN review, we can say that while it is actually a good VPN, we found it lacking in features when compared to other competitors. To begin with, the price is reasonable, but registering for at least one year is a significant failure. Avast SecureLine VPN review
There is a free seven-day trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee, which is enough time to decide if you like the service. In addition, we thank the company for its quick and easy setup, easy eye contact and overall usability.
Our Avast SecureLine VPN review showed that the fundamentals of security and privacy are strong enough to matter. Unfortunately, we can say that we are not located in the countries and regions of the server, although they are enough for the average user. Unfortunately for Netflix users, Avast is not the best option; Some studies show the opposite, but it didn’t work when we tested it and most users had a similar experience.
After all, Avast VPN knows what it does and does all the basic VPN functions well. We would recommend that you give her a free trial to see how much you like it. Avast SecureLine VPN review