xbox one controller not working on pc: If you are a PC game lover then you are likely to have a thing for Xbox One controller and the glitches in Xbox (especially when you are in the midst of a game and an error message hijacks the screen) can bring you a big fat disappointment. Incompatible cable, hardware glitches or simply an outdated driver etc. are major reasons behind Xbox One problems on your PC. If you are looking for perfect fixes to this problem then this one is the section for you. Let’s dig into this guide and know how to kill the Xbox One problems.
Fixes for Xbox One Controller Not Working Issue
xbox one controller headphone jack not working
In this guide, you will know how you can resolve issues including connection or sync that trouble you access to Xbox One Controller. If you have an issue connecting your Xbox or even in turning it on, you can follow these workarounds and vanquish the problems.
Table of Contents
Reboot Your Xbox One Controller
Obvious and important enough a method to try first thing after ending up on some Xbox One Controller issue on your Windows PC- Reboot Your Xbox One. First things first, you should check up and reboot the console as you face issues with Xbox.
Don’t just tap the power button but hold it for the next 10 seconds approximately. This will lead to the shutdown for your Controller. Rebooting the Xbox One may be the best solution to bring power back into it and let you access it again.
Update Xbox One Controller Driver
A corrupted or outdated driver can be the factor to push your Xbox One Controller in trouble. Perhaps the device driver is not compatible and is affecting the connection. To make sure that your driver does not lead to Xbox One Controller issues on your Windows computer, you should update Xbox One Controller driver.
To update Xbox One Controller driver on your Windows PC, follow these steps:
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Run box (Windows + R keys) and take yourself to the Device Manager.
- You have to find the Xbox One Controller from the list of device options and then hit the right click on it to choose the Update Driver Software option.
- Now, you can select the Search automatically option to let the system find and update the driver for your Xbox One Controller.
After that, you can wait while Windows automatically finds and updates the driver for Xbox One Controller. After this process, restart your computer and then you should be able to find Xbox getting detected.
Xbox One Controller issue can arise due to some hardware glitches on your system for which, thankfully, Windows 10 offers a troubleshooter to resolve the problem and be able to access the device again. If you have ended up at an error message that reads Xbox One controller USB device not recognized on your Windows computer while playing games, you can seek Windows Hardware and Devices troubleshooter method to help this issue out.
- First things first, go to the Control Panel in the search box.
- Now, scroll through the control panel items and then choose Troubleshooting option.
- You have to click on the View all option in the left pane.
- After that, you can go to the Hardware and Devices section and then hit the double click on it to expand the troubleshooter.
- You have to follow the instructions available on the screen.
After following the instructions, you can restart your PC and see if the Xbox One Controller error has vanished.
4. Update the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator Driver
If updating Xbox One Controller driver or running hardware troubleshooting have not been of any help for your Xbox issue, then perhaps you should try to update the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator driver to get rid of Xbox One Controller not working problem on your Windows PC.
Here are the steps that you can follow to update the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator driver and resolve the issue:
- First of all, you have to open the Device Manager on your system.
- Go to the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator driver.
- Right-click the driver and then choose the Update driver option from the menu.
- After that, you can select the Browse my computer for driver software option.
- Now, click on the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer opinion.
- Choose the Plug and Play Software Enumerator and then hit Next in order to update the driver.
After following these steps, you can restart your computer to complete the process. Once done, you may now see if the Xbox One controller issue still persists.
5. Try Another Cable
Sometimes, the Xbox One Controller issue is just an outcome of a USB cable with compatibility issues with your PC. When the cable fails to be compatible with your PC, it results in Xbox One Controller problems. Know that not every cable is meant to accompany your Xbox One and try to find one that is fully compatible with your controller. The solution to your Xbox problem may be just one different cable away.
Try to Connect Another Controller
Another best solution for your Xbox One Controller not working issue on Windows computer is another controller. All you have to do is connect a different controller to your Xbox and see if that works. If it does work then it was clearly a controller problem and if it doesn’t, then it may be the console issue. In this method, remember to charge the batteries before connecting a different controller.
So, there are the best ways to fix your Xbox One controller problem. Whether it is a connection problem or an error message is interrupting your gameplay, let’s hope one of these tips proves helpful to you. If you have any suggestion or opinion, feel free to drop it in the comment box.
Pranay, a coding maestro weaving digital magic with Dot Net,Angular. With 4+ years in web development,he specialize in crafting seamless solutions. Beyond coding, Pranay is a wordsmith, passionate about sharing insights through guest posts. Whether crafting code or narratives, he bring creativity and precision to every project. Connect to explore his coding journey and delve into the world where tech meets storytelling .follow us on X